Friday, October 30, 2009

Winter Weather

So "winter" is starting to hit Vancouver. Fair enough considering its going to be November this weekend. Having, outside of the past year, spent most of my life in Yellowknife NT/Kingston ON having to deal with some rain isn't too bad a trade-off for still being to ride outside comfortably in shorts on the 30th of October. Inevitably during the day there will still be some point of semi-dryness where its possible to at least start off dry. I'm much happier not having to psych myself up to ride in the rain, even it if does start raining later on... That being said I did jump on the trainer this week; mostly just to avoid getting sick again/not increase what I already feel is about a 98% chance of getting H1N1. My room mates got a fair amount of entertainment out of this and, our living room is a bit of a glass fish bowl, so I'm pretty sure people in the surrounding buildings/courtyard wondered what the heck I was doing.

Speaking of room mate entertainment, I got my second CCES visit in as many months. I'm not sure if they are trying to give the Vancouver area testers more experience for the Olympics or what... but anyway, we'd just finished baking Snickerdoodles and were going to watch some Sex and the City (solid procrastination) when there was a knock at the door. Basically I got to wait another hour and forty minutes before eating any cookies and down 2 Ls of water instead. And my room mates got to witness the whooooole drug testing deal and ask lotsss of interesting questions. I'll spare the details on what exactly the questions were... Didn't help that I, as usual, couldn't pee on command and didn't get everything wrapped up 'til about 10pm. I'm prettty sure it'll be a fairly memorable house visit for the two women. Oh well, all good for clean sport and I got a pack of cards and a lesson on Soy Milk (trying out almond milk now instead) out of it.

Happy Hallowe'en!

No comments:

Post a Comment